Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What to say today?

I feel like writing tonight but have no idea what to say. Therefore you get a bunch of randon stuff. Here goes.

*Kora is 5 1/2 months old now and decided this week that she's tired of sitting in one place. This morning she scooted herself all the way across our california king sized bed to get to me. It took her several minutes to do it but she did. She also rolls back and forth to get places or things and she can sit up pretty good if I help her get there. Who told her she was allowed to grow up so fast?

*Last month I got a Groupon for half off hair and waxing services and I went to redeem it today. They washed my hair, did a deep conditioning treatment, cut off about 6-8 inches off my hair and then waxed my eyebrows. I paid $35 for the groupon and it would have cost me $65+ tax if I paid full price. It was a nice 2 hour break from my obnoxious kids.

*Have I mentioned how much I enjoy year round school lately? My kids went back to school last week and it has been so nice. I now have 4 of them in school all day and 2 home that sleep in most days. I've actually been getting some sleep and it's been really nice. My days are so nice and relaxing until about 4pm. Then the kids get home and start arguing, fighting, hitting, kicking, pinching, tattling, screaming and, you get the idea. I don't understand how it can go from a really happy, good mood day to oh my heck I want to wring everybody's neck so quickly.

*my car broke about a week ago. It sounds like an old VW with a sound enhancer on the muffler. It could also sound like a cross between a really loud motorcycle and a diesel truck. It happened as we were driving down the road on the 4th of July when everything was closed. Turns out the muffler blew a hole right next to the catalytic converter and the only way to fix it is to get the whole assembly. This might not be so bad except that apparenly, everybody else who bought Dodge Caravans in 2004 got a V6 so parts for our 4 cylinder van are hard to come by. This one had to be ordered fom the dealership and cost $800 just for the part. Luckily labor is only $80 but that still puts us over $900 after tax. Good thing I built up that emergency fund. The part should be here tomorrow or the next day and they'll put it in for us as soon as it arrives.

Ok, I think that's about it for now. Maybe I'll think of someting else to write tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you posted how hard your kids have been. mine are really bad right now too. I feel the same way just about everyday. It was nice to be reminded that all moms deal with unruley children. Hope it gets better soon for the both of us.

Clarkmomma said...

Thanks. It's nice to know occasionally that we aren't suffering alone. Mine haven't been quite as bad since, but it varies day to day. Today was a good day.