Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do you ever wonder?

So, I have this friend. She knows who she is and some of you may also know who she is, but I'm not going to mention names otherwise. Anyway, her family and ours used to hang out quite a bit, and when I say that I do mean a lot. We'd get together once or twice a week, sometimes more, have dinner, chat, play games and have a really great time. Then one day they declined to come over, started avoiding us when we'd see each other, made excuses of why they couldn't get together with us and stuff like that. We tried asking questions as to why and what happened and, from what we could figure, I did or said something that offended this friend so she quit talking to me and didn't want to hang out anymore.


I tried talking to her and tried asking what I did or said that upset her. I even send an email or two in hopes of a reply. A year passed with nothing. Finally we started talking on a limited basis and then they came over to our house for a birthday party. Just as the party was starting, one of her children slipped on my clean tile and broke their arm. This ended what I thought was the beginning of making up. A few more months passed and we moved away, however, we are still facebook friends.


It's now been another year and a half and, for some reason, she has been weighing on my mind today. I wonder how she is, I wonder what kind of things she's doing and I wonder if she still hates me or holds a grudge for whatever it was that I said or did.


It might not bother me so much if I actually knew what it was also. I mean, if I knew then I could at least give her a sincere apology if nothing else. I miss my friend, the chats we had and the things that we did together and I wonder if there's ever going to be a possibility that we could make up. Are you out there friend?

No comments: