Tuesday, April 26, 2011

wow, 3 months already?

Ok, so there has been A LOT that has happened in the last nearly 4 months since I posted something. To begin with, I had a baby. Kora Jade Clark was born on January 26th, 2011 at 4:49am and weighed 6lbs 14oz and was 19inches long. At her 5 day visit she was up to 7lbs even, at 1 month she was 7lbs 7 1/2 oz and at her 2 month visit she was 11lbs even. She's an eater and a sweetheart. I love her chubby little cheeks and her personality. She's my little snuggler and still likes to sleep on my chest at night. I know I probably should start making her sleep elsewhere but I know she'll do that on her own soon and I'll miss it so I'm letting her sleep there as long as she wants (unless of course she still wants to sleep there at 6 or 9 months, I might draw the line).





We blessed Kora at church on February 6th so that Abuelo (Josh's dad) could be there to stand in the circle before he had to head home the next day. It was a beautiful blessing-probably one of the best I've heard.

My kids LOVE Kora so much and they're actually all pretty helpful most of the time. Caleb is overjoyed to be a big brother now and doesn't like to answer to anything else. He'll tell you he's not Monkey britches, he's a big brother or that he's not Caleb, he's a big brother or even that he's not a baby, he's a big brother and so on-you get the idea. The rest have a hard time keeping their hands to themselves most of the time-they all just want to hold her or kiss her on a constant basis. I can't tell you how many times I've walked away to do something and come back a minute later to see Raven holding Kora and carrying her around the room. Yes, they love her.

I love Kora's smile and her little giggle and all the things she's learning to do every day. She's growing up too fast and I wish she would just slow down a little. Don't I deserve to enjoy my last baby being a baby a bit longer? I sure think so.






No comments: