Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nothing new

We've found out that Josiah's flu was just that-the flu. He miraculously recovered the day after we took him to the doctor and was anxious to get back to school again with his friends. Go figure.

This week is going to be a hectic one for us. We've got a field trip with Rebekah's class to the pet shop on Wednesday. The preschools rabbit died just before school started, the bird died a few weeks into school and then a few weeks ago they had a break in where the people trashed the place with glitter, paint and every other art supply they could find, filled the fish tank with paint, and killed the fish and then took the fire extinguisher and sprayed it all over the top of everything before they took the stereo, camera, the teacher's reading glasses and a few other things and left. Anyway, that leaves them needing new fish too. So, it's off to the pet store for a tour and to buy some new pets and I get to chaperone.

Then on Thursday and Friday, I volunteered to go with the year 3 kids and Josiah on their camping trip to Trefina gorge. It's just over one night, but with about 60, 8 and 9 year olds. They want 1 parent for every 2-4 kids so there will be a lot of us going along. It should be fun.

Once we get back on Friday right after school, we're having a branch camp out on Friday night. The whole family has been anxious to go on this one. We debated whether or not to even go when they changed it to this weekend, but we'll go anyway I think. At least the truck will be all packed up already-all we need to do is add a few chairs and sleeping bags and our food for the night (maybe we'll buy something on the way). We'll be back early Saturday morning (because this branch doesn't know what camping really is) and then we'll all have an early nap.

Saturday afternoon/evening, we have the military ball. I still need to hem my dress and maybe make a shrug to go with it. The fabric store was closed on Saturday for Anzac day, so we'll have to go tomorrow to see if I can find some fabric for a shrug that I like. We were also supposed to go to a farewell dinner for two families at church Saturday night but it happens to be at the same time that we need to be at the ball for dinner, so we'll miss that one.

Sunday we have church and then a working bee at the preschool to prepare our float for the parade on Monday morning. All of the kids should be able to be in the parade with their schools but I'm not sure what Living Waters has in mind for their float. We'll probably drop off Raven, Noah and Josiah for their float and then Rebekah and I will go the the preschool float where, as President of the parent committee at the preschool, I get to ride along.

The next week should be so much less busy after the parade but, until then, I'm feeling exhausted just thinking about it all. I'm off to start the hem on my dress.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

It's great to see what you've been up to. Glad your kiddo is feeling better and good luck getting everything done!

DS at the well said...

I'm exhausted just reading your to-do blog!! So glad that my kiddo's are grown now. Motherhood is truly overwhelming for quite a few years with everyone going every which way. You're a better woman than I was, I rarely volunteered for all those school activities (but still got my share) but President of the Parents group oh my! not for me! Glad to hear from you and share in your life. Aunt Deanna.

Updates From The Outback said...

Nice job. We can use this to keep in touch when we have left. We've got a blog spot too. They are very nice.

Clarkmomma said...

I actually feel like a bum Mom compared to all the others at the school. It's too hard to volunteer at the elementary school most of the time so I do easy stuff like chaperoning a campout once or twice a year. As far as the preschool goes, it's easy stuff. I can take Caleb with me and he can play with the other kids while I help out and he loves it and they like having him there. And President of the parent commitee is more of a glorified title than anything else. This is our 3rd year at the preschool (Noah 2 years ago, Raven last year and Rebekah this year). I watched the president the first year and then last year decided to give it a go. Basically it means that I conduct the committee meeting once a month, draw raffle tickets when there's a raffle and sign papers when they need to be signed. Working on this parade float this week has made me wonder if it means anything else at all (but that's a blog for another day).