Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2 years....

I knew it had been quite awhile since I wrote anything here, but I had no idea that 2 years had passed.  Where has the time gone? Well, I'll tell you.
*My hubby went to start a new job in Arizona and was only home every couple of weekends for 9 months.  I was busy to say the least.  Then we had to pack and move ourselves and make a new home in our new house in Arizona (which I love).
* I started homeschooling my oldest.  It has been a good experience for both of us.  We're using the k-12 curriculum, which works well since the school district here also uses it.  It'll make the transition back to public school a bit easier.  The first year he made honor roll all four quarters (something he never did in the past), and at the end of this year he wants to be done and start 8th grade back in public school again.  I'm trying to help him get to a place where that's feasible, and I think we're nearly there.  I really think he will go back for just a short time and then be begging to come home again.  I guess only time will tell.  My third oldest wants to come home next year though.  I was looking forward to the break, but I think it might be good for her.  I haven't decided for sure yet, and the jury is still undecided as far as prayer goes.  I feel like it would be ok either way.
* I'm really happy with our house and our neighborhood.  We have some great neighbors and the kids are making some good friends.  I'm hoping that we don't have to move ever again, and that the kids can get settled in finally and not feel like they have to move and start all over again.
 
  I know this probably doesn't sound like much, but life really has been full for us.  I have been thinking more about things I'd like to share here, and I'm hoping to make some time to do so.  Until then, I felt the need to say that I'm still here, and that I'm ready to ramble again.

No comments: