Sunday, January 3, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

Just a few random updates from the last week or two.

We finally got our orders last week. For those of you who don't know what that is or what it means, we're military and getting orders means that we can now schedule the packers to come, get our plane tickets, ship our car and just plain start getting ready to get moved. Coming over here we were supposed to leave and arrive here in mid-November and we didn't get orders until the day we were supposed to arrive here. That meant that we couldn't come on time and were postponed a month instead so that we arrived right before Christmas. That's how orders have always gone for us-a maximum of about 2 weeks notice to schedule everything and move. This time we got them about 3 1/2 weeks prior to our fly date, that's actually kind of nice. What would have been even nicer is to have had them in hand a month or two ago so our car could have been on it's way back and be there when we are. Oh well, such is the life of a military family. I'm happy with what we've got for now

I also took down Christmas decorations and all that last week. I think it was only 2 or 3 days after Christmas. We put them up so far before Christmas and really enjoyed them the whole time, but I now understand why some people don't put them up right away. Sometimes they just plain get in the way and clutter up the house. I love Christmas and I love the decorations but I was just plain sick of walking around them and having the living room so cluttered up with the tree and stuff. It was making me a bit claustrophobic. It's so nice to have the living room back again and be able to walk through it without walking around the couch.

Today I've been working on checking things off my to-do list. I finished the flyers to sell our truck, did a bunch of laundry, including all the kids' bedding, made the kids clean their rooms (that's a job that'll wear you out all by itself), vacuumed their rooms and the hallway, and accomplished a bunch of other online stuff i needed to do as well as making lunch and all that too. I still want to finish more laundry and do a couple more small things today so we'll see how I go.

Christmas was nice here. The kids all got heaps of stuff but this year it was mostly usable and things they can use on the plane trip home. Josh got a deep fryer, a frame to put all of his military medals into and a rock tumbler. I got a cotton candy maker, a really nice tea light wall hanging and a 6 1/2 quart slow cooker to replace my 2 quart one. It was nice to have a decent Christmas without a whole heap of expense and most of my shopping was done throughout the year instead of all at once.

Ok, I think that's my random updates for this week. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and that your New Year is better than ever!

1 comment:

Monique said...

soooo Where are you going?? (have gone) Good luck with everything!! Hang in there!